Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A birthday gift

I have been so busy working on the calendars for the family's Christmas gifts that I haven't had much time for card making. I'm using Tami Mayberry's Calendar grid and the Calendar Bits & Pieces (see "Stamps I use" link on the left for a link to GinaK Designs shop). It's a big job and since I have to make 10 of them it's taking some time. As I'm going along I am figuring out ways to do it quicker next year! But they're going to be great!

I have also worked on a birthday gift for hubby (turning 40 tomorrow!). I got the idea (and not a moment too soon) from here: http://lessthanperfectlifeofbliss.blogspot.com/2010/10/blessings-board.html

Here's a sneak-view of the page that will go inside the frame:

I created the type in Microsoft Powerpoint and then stamped with "The Vine" set from GinaK Designs. The leaves and flowers are paper pieced (I figured it was easier than coloring). The page turned out to look very vintage which I'm happy about. It will look like it's been in the family for years! Now to just quickly get a frame today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...