Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Paper Only!

This August release challenge has us using ONLY PAPER on our cards. And I was SO HAPPY to receive my "Ladies Fashion Buckles" dies (Spellbinders) today! The 6 week wait was worth it. I cut the three buckles with black Bazzil Basics cardstock.

The background image was done using Spellbinders Impressabilities (see technique here).
The three strips of DP (really from my scraps collection) is from Desert Bloom (TrimCraft) and the middle one is from Prima paper.

The sentiment I stamped from GinaK designs' Enjoy the Sunshine (so worth getting this set!). It was cut using Spellbinders Labels 8 and then the top was cut off to nestle against the paper strip. It overlaps the one below it.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card not using any stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the "Ladies Fashion Buckle" die from? I've been tying to find one for over 2 months and no one has them in stock, or will be getting any more in, including GKD. Thanks. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joan.
    I was very lucky to get them!! It seems I got some of the last ones in stock anywhere. After I ordered mine (from http://paperdreamsstore.com/index.aspx), a cardmaker mentioned that they have been discontinued by Spellbinders. I have no idea why because they are so great!! Maybe try eBay or similar. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your reply Riette. I neglected to mention in my previous post that I thought your card was beautiful. Amazing all the fun things we can do with "just" paper! Joan

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...